January 29, 2021
Jackson Purchase Energy - Get Cash for Class!
Times are tough and many folks need a little help.
Jackson Purchase Energy Cooperative believes in the power of education. To help our Consumer-Members with college costs, we offer scholarship opportunities.
Each year, JPEC offers ten $1,000 scholarships to graduating seniors whose parents or guardians are served by JPEC.
The requirements are:
- A student must be a high school senior who plans to enroll in a full-time course of study (12 hours per semester) at an accredited university or community college no later than the fall semester.
- The student's primary residence must be served by JPEC and the JPEC account must be in the name of the student's parent or guardian.
- The student must have a grade point average of at least 2.5 and an ACT score of 18 or better.
- The student must submit a brief, typed narrative stating his/her reason for applying for the scholarship.
- The student must complete the scholarship application linked below.
- All scholarship winners must attend JPEC's annual meeting. Each recipient will be recognized at that time.
- All applications and accompanying documents should be typed. Handwritten applications will not be accepted.
- The student must not be the child or grandchild of a JPEC employee, director, or attorney.
- The student should submit an official signed school transcript of courses and grades to date.
Please apply on or before March 15, 2021. Visit the Jackson Purchase Energy website for an application.
Paducah Power Scholarship Opportunities
Each year, Paducah Power System awards three $2,000 scholarships to local high school graduates. The scholarships are for one student attending any public college or university in Kentucky, one student attending West Kentucky Community and Technical College (including non-traditional students) and another student enrolling in a certified trade /apprenticeship program.
Applications for the 2021 program are accepted beginning January 1, 2021. Vist the Paducah Power website for an application. Applications are due at PPS by 4pm February 26 to apply for this year’s scholarship program.
KY Transportation Cabinet offer scholarships for civil engineering students
The scholarship program offers tuition assistance, summer work and employment upon graduation.
For more info: https://transportation.ky.gov/Education/Pages/default.aspx